* Login   * Register * FAQ

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 pm 
Offline
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:49 pm
Posts: 1790
Location: The Singularity
Gamertag: Paragon Saber
GGL Team: Watch In Awe
AGLA Team: Free Agent
Twitter: L1ght5abre
ImxNotxDone wrote:
Going for the Stud spot tomorrow night ;) :P


I'll be gone. Go for it!

@Noplex- I'm not sure, dude. I have stuff going on during the next two weekends. That may be enough for you to build a pretty massive lead.

_________________
Image

Shoutout to Sader, Jedi, and Bovus Aviarus!

There's more to living than being alive! -Anberlin


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 pm 
Offline
Community Helper
Community Helper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 pm
Posts: 5274
Location: MN
Gamertag: NOPLEX
GGL Team: ARK
AGLA Team: Impulse
EUGBL Team: Budgie Studios
Twitter: NOPLEX4LIFE
L1ght5aber wrote:
ImxNotxDone wrote:
Going for the Stud spot tomorrow night ;) :P


I'll be gone. Go for it!

@Noplex- I'm not sure, dude. I have stuff going on during the next two weekends. That may be enough for you to build a pretty massive lead.


Well, like I always say, it's all about helping people out when they need me. The awards do not mean more to me than being helpful.

_________________
GGL WL13 Champion!
noplex@grifballhub.com
Image
Image


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:10 am 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:46 pm
Posts: 276
Gamertag: ixSnarf
GGL Team: The Thundercats
NOPLEX wrote:

Well, like I always say, it's all about helping people out when they need me. The awards do not mean more to me than being helpful.


you posted this in the middle of getting a killionaire in a fill in game didn't you...


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 am 
Offline
Community Helper
Community Helper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 pm
Posts: 5274
Location: MN
Gamertag: NOPLEX
GGL Team: ARK
AGLA Team: Impulse
EUGBL Team: Budgie Studios
Twitter: NOPLEX4LIFE
IlsnarfIl wrote:
NOPLEX wrote:

Well, like I always say, it's all about helping people out when they need me. The awards do not mean more to me than being helpful.


you posted this in the middle of getting a killionaire in a fill in game didn't you...


I haven't gotten a killionaire as of yet, so no. And if I could post on the hub and play grifball at the same time, you know I would!

_________________
GGL WL13 Champion!
noplex@grifballhub.com
Image
Image


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 am 
Offline
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Posts: 215
Gamertag: Take a Fiver
I'm a rookie! But Noplex is a by far better rookie than I. I barely deserve to be posting after him. Haha :)

_________________

Image
Bonk-Tank
The name is Fiver. With a 5. Not a 6. Not a 4. A 5.
Lock for league leader in assassinations and ninjas.
Can I have the MVP trophy now...?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:44 am 
Online
Community Leader
Community Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:26 pm
Posts: 6837
Location: A higher plane of existence
Gamertag: Messiah Muffin
GGL Team: Johnson's Salty Grifballs
EUGBL Team: Johnson's Salty Grifballs
We're working on having some rookies on our farm team, The A Team Rejects. We're bringing in some new players at the moment and apart from Alex and Jet the rest of the team have no Reach Grifball experience. One of them was a former Halo 3 Grifballer though.

_________________
~ Muffin 4 Commish ~
Image
~ Pokemon Master ~
~ 5x EUGBL Champion ~
~ EUGBL Hall of Famer ~


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm
Posts: 2243
Location: imShad braids my hair.
Gamertag: Apocryphal XXI
GGL Team: imSad
AGLA Team: imBad
EUGBL Team: imBrad?
Twitter: ixApocryphal
If it's a farm team, I'll go ahead and assume it's euro only? But I'd like to get all of us rookies into a lobby for a pick up game if y'all are down. Throw me a message or an add on my gt: ixPanthro

_________________
Image
Image
AGLA SL14 Major SiIva Award Winner


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:10 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 am
Posts: 310
Location: Cleveland, OH
Gamertag: IFx Jules
GGL Team: Mighty Ogres
Twitter: bgrugby60
I will say that my friends at IFx Excalibur are having a difficult rookie season, a big part of that is how the other teams keep subbing in veterans and ringers in their games and really Excalibur has no shot in these games. I understand the purpose of letting anyone sub to get games in, but now its being abused by people who just want to rake in awards for games played, kills, etc. Its really frustrating for rookie and inexperienced teams and could cause more teams not to return next season. That rule really needs to be looked at because it is being abused.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 pm 
Offline
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm
Posts: 2243
Location: imShad braids my hair.
Gamertag: Apocryphal XXI
GGL Team: imSad
AGLA Team: imBad
EUGBL Team: imBrad?
Twitter: ixApocryphal
Being a rookie myself, I see past that. It's not whether or not they have a veteran on their team, it's how you work together to win. And honestly, they really don't care much for these awards. They are out for the well being of the hub and teams that fall a player short. So again, they just want to help us all out. Especially us up and comers, you know?

_________________
Image
Image
AGLA SL14 Major SiIva Award Winner


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:25 am 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:46 pm
Posts: 276
Gamertag: ixSnarf
GGL Team: The Thundercats
The veterans might not do it for personal gain but he is definitely right in saying it will scare rookies away from the league.

Panthro we experienced the difference in skill when a rookie team picked up tacopizzahunter. That's what he's talking about.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 am
Posts: 310
Location: Cleveland, OH
Gamertag: IFx Jules
GGL Team: Mighty Ogres
Twitter: bgrugby60
ImxNotxDone wrote:
And honestly, they really don't care much for these awards. They are out for the well being of the hub and teams that fall a player short. So again, they just want to help us all out. Especially us up and comers, you know?


Yeah keep telling yourself that. Now there might be a few who are doing it, because they truly want to help people out. Unfortunately, I know a few players who are constantly subbing into games to boost their stats or to ensure that their team gets a better seed in the playoffs.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 am 
Offline
Ambassador
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 am
Posts: 4693
Gamertag: AwareMosquito
GGL Team: JSG
EUGBL Team: JSG
Helping other teams doesnt get your team a better seed in the playoffs.

_________________


EUGBL11 and EUGBL14 Champion

AGLA SML14 Ammy (Bench :D) Champion


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:10 am 
Offline
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm
Posts: 2243
Location: imShad braids my hair.
Gamertag: Apocryphal XXI
GGL Team: imSad
AGLA Team: imBad
EUGBL Team: imBrad?
Twitter: ixApocryphal
IlsnarfIl wrote:
The veterans might not do it for personal gain but he is definitely right in saying it will scare rookies away from the league.

Panthro we experienced the difference in skill when a rookie team picked up tacopizzahunter. That's what he's talking about.


But we were still set and ready. That's how we picked up a win. It's all about communion in teams and practicing,not necessarily how long you have been playing. Team effort is more powerful than any team that brings in a sub(experienced or not). Subs don'tpractice with the team and they also don't know the style of play from said team asking for a sub most of the time.

See where I'm getting at?

But I do completely understand the logic above about scaring the rookie teams. I was a little nervous as well.

_________________
Image
Image
AGLA SL14 Major SiIva Award Winner


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 am 
Offline
Community Leader
Community Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 4546
Location: Here and there
Gamertag: H2O Camper
GGL Team: Bleep Bloop
AGLA Team: Aftershock
ImxNotxDone wrote:
Subs don't practice with the team and they also don't know the style of play from said team asking for a sub most of the time.


I wouldn't say it's really that necessary for a much more skilled/experienced player though. I've seen stats from games this season where lesser experienced teams have subbed in the "ringer" players. In most cases, the ringer player carries those teams to victories.

I would propose, at the very least, that the rule of both captains agreeing to a sub player be extended to the regular season as well. It's a rule for the playoffs, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be a rule for the regular seasonl. If captains can't agree, then teams should postpone their games until each can get their proper roster online.

_________________
// Mike
BigTeamBattle.Net


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: WL2012 Rookies
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 am 
Offline
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm
Posts: 2243
Location: imShad braids my hair.
Gamertag: Apocryphal XXI
GGL Team: imSad
AGLA Team: imBad
EUGBL Team: imBrad?
Twitter: ixApocryphal
Mike wrote:
ImxNotxDone wrote:
Subs don't practice with the team and they also don't know the style of play from said team asking for a sub most of the time.


I wouldn't say it's really that necessary for a much more skilled/experienced player though. I've seen stats from games this season where lesser experienced teams have subbed in the "ringer" players. In most cases, the ringer player carries those teams to victories.

I would propose, at the very least, that the rule of both captains agreeing to a sub player be extended to the regular season as well. It's a rule for the playoffs, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be a rule for the regular seasonl. If captains can't agree, then teams should postpone their games until each can get their proper roster online.


I would totally back you up and petition to have this rule made.

I do agree that teams are likely going to sub in somebody of extreme caliber hammering, to try and win more. With that being said, once said teams make it to the playoffs, they get blown away. So it seems that generally it becomes a waste of a playoff spot and the missed chance of another team that could have made it. The scenario that Snarf and I were discussing was when we were playing a game and were up 4-0 out of 5 points and ended the game due to connection issues mentioned by the other team, they generally dismissed that player which is understandable, but subbed in TacoPizzaHunter who isn't exactly a pushover as everyone knows lol. He scored the only 2 points scored on our team AT ALL this season. So I can see where a few are coming from. I would love to help out and maybe make mention of this new rule? You're the boss though lol but I'm behind ya

_________________
Image
Image
AGLA SL14 Major SiIva Award Winner


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kirsty and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group